EBASS Pro Angling League 2020
The EBASS committee is pleased to confirm a new and exciting 4 event 2020 EBASS PRO ANGLING LEAGUE series for the remainder of the 2020 season. This series will be a replacement series for the official 2020 EBASS (SABAA Team Tournament Trail) season which, unfortunately had to be cancelled due of the devastating Covid-19 pandemic.
This series will be hosted by EBASS in full compliance with the current PRO ANGLING LEAGUE (PAL) regulations as gazetted by the government and administrated by SASACC.
Each event and venue management will be executed strictly in compliance with the current SASACC COVID-19 PARTICIPATION REGULATIONS.
- The entry fee will be R 600 per team per event.
- Current EBASS members will take preference to enter for each event whereafter a limited number of non-EBASS members will be afforded the opportunity to enter for each event. Entries can only be accepted during a 2-day entry window period.
- A valid COC and COF will be required for all teams participating in a 2020 EBASS Pro Angling League event.
- All competitors will also have to register online with SASACC as a PAL angler (at no charge) and complete an online SASACC indemnity declaration.
- All competitors must hand in a Covid-19 screening declaration (which can be printed from the EBASS website) on arrival at the comp venue and strict social distancing and sanitizing protocol will be enforced at all times.
- The Ebass committee will issue cross border permits valid for the pre-event and event weekend only.
- All participants must be SABAA registered and non-registered SABAA members will be afforded the opportunity to become a SABAA member at a fee R 100 per angler (all membership fees will be go towards the SABAA conservation fund).
- The current 2020 EBASS tournament rules and scoring system will be applied to all 4 events.
PROVISIONAL EVENT DATES AND VENUES:
1. 15 AUG 2020 – WITBANK DAM
2. 05 SEP2020 – LOSKOP DAM
3. 03 OCT 2020 – VAAL RIVER
4. 07 NOV 2020 – ARABIE DAM
PRIZE MONEY R 15 000 PER EVENT (based on 30 entries received) All entry fees less venue costs will be paid out as prize money (top 5 positions) and the total prize money will be determined by the number of entries received for each event.
Covid-19 Rules and Regulations:
- All participants need to have masks that are to be worn during registration and during weigh-in.
- Social distancing needs to be adhered to.
- You are only allowed to be 2 members on a boat.
- Please ensure you make an effort to remain on your boat during registration and weigh-in. If you do not need to be on the bank, we ask that you remain in your boat to practice social distancing.
- ALL competitors need to download and fill in the screening document found below. Please bring this with you to tournament day and hand it in at the weigh-station.